Christian Oth Studio is the creative hub that enables photographers, editors and designers come together. As a team we record and create the most beautiful coverage of our client’s milestone events.
Our studio is located in the Flatiron district in the heart of Manhattan. There are ample lunch spots, bars, restaurants and it’s next to Madison Park. It’s easy to get to, right next to the subway and 2 close Citibike stations. Some call it the Navel of New York.
We like team players, enthusiasts and go-getters. If you’re creative, this is the place to be.
Photo Editor - F/T
We are seeking an experienced photo editor that will be managing our in-house production team. The ideal candidate should have a background in editing for magazines or similar environment and understand photo editing trends from around the world.
- - Come with a roster of freelance retouchers and editors
- - Recruit, train and supervise freelancers
- - Culling Images.
- - Photo research within our system.
- - Maintaining & reviewing multiple portfolios.
- - Working with Social Media, Editorial & PR to fulfill image requests.
- - Building and maintaining website image content.
- - Maintaining our image library.
- - Identify and build relationships with our current and new photographers.
- - 4 + years experience working in a photo department
- - Ability to multi-task various projects under tight deadlines.
- - Working knowledge of photo editing software. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, PhotoMechanic and Capture One.
- - Knowledge of basic print production and color correction.
- - Knowledge of Mac OS.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Photographer Portfolio Submission
We are always looking for talented photographers to add to our crew. If you think you have what it takes please go here.
We review applications once a month.
A great stepping stone into photography is assisting. In fact, several of our photographers have started out that way.
We are always searching for new assistants who have a great can-do attitude and good technical knowledge.
We are seeking a Studio Intern. To apply for this position, we require you submit a, resume and a website displaying your work. The bulk of this position’s responsibilities will be dedicated to creating USB drives with final deliverables, creating proof books with final wedding images, color grading and processing of images and general studio management duties. This position will require working closely with our team of dedicated photo editors for our in house production team. The ideal candidate possess a creative, artistic eye to produce quality images. Additionally, you will be expected to effectively manage and organize multiple projects.
Find out more about this job here