Christian Oth Studio is the creative hub that enables photographers, editors and designers come together. As a team we record and create the most beautiful coverage of our client’s milestone events.
Our studio is located in the Flatiron district in the heart of Manhattan. There are ample lunch spots, bars, restaurants and it’s next to Madison Park. It’s easy to get to, right next to the subway and 2 close Citibike stations. Some call it the Navel of New York.
We like team players, enthusiasts and go-getters. If you’re creative, this is the place to be.
The Christian Oth Workshop May 1-2
Join Christian in his first ever workshop at his Manhattan studio on May 1 & 2. Limited spots remain
Photographer Portfolio Submission
We are always looking for talented photographers to add to our crew. If you think you have what it takes please go here.
We review applications once a month.
We are seeking a freelance Photo Retoucher. To apply for this position, we require you submit a cover letter, resume, ‘before’ and ‘after’ retouching examples in your portfolio, and a PSD file example of a non destructive file structure. Prior to our interview we will also conduct a screening of your skillsets.
The bulk of this position’s responsibilities will be dedicated to digital photo retouching, color correction and compositing. This position will require working closely with our team of dedicated photo editors for our in house production team. The ideal candidate possess a creative, artistic eye to produce quality images. Additionally, you will be expected to effectively manage and organize multiple projects. Other responsibilities include organizing photo assets, managing a post production retouching calendar, cropping and resizing photos for final delivery.
Find out more about this job here
Freelance Photo Editor
Position: Photo Editor
Location: New York
What we are looking for:
- Your attention to detail is excellent
- You’re self-sufficient and a problem solver who shows initiative, but can take direction
- You’re self-motivated and dedicated with an excellent work ethic
- You’re a team player and work well within a small business
- Culling images
- Dedicated to digital photo retouching, color correction and compositing.
- Effectively manage and organize multiple projects
- Organize photo assets and manage a post production retouching calendar
- Photo research within our system
- 2+ years experience in a photo department or related work environment
- Professional retouching experience
- Ability to multi-task various projects under tight deadlines
- Expert understanding of Adobe Photoshop, CaptureOne and PhotoMechanic
- Knowledge of print production and color correction
- Knowledge of Mac OS
Salary is commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume, retouching examples in your portfolio, and a PSD file example of a non destructive file structure. Prior to our interview we will also conduct a screening of your skill-sets.